Friday, March 05, 2010

RuneScape Changes to the Hitpoints Skill

By now, everyone who plays RuneScape has heard about Jagex changing hitpoints. All ‘hitpoints’ are now multiplied by 10 and renamed ‘life points’. I'm not too happy about this change. Why, you ask?

Well, what if Jagex sold coffee, instead of running RuneScape? What would the hitpoints change look like? Let's see...



I walked into the Jagex coffee shop to get my morning cup of coffee.

"A cup of coffee," I said, handing the coffee guy a dollar.

He takes the dollar, and walks away. He hands me a tiny cup of coffee, and 90 cents change.

"What's this?"

"Oh, we changed our cups. A cup of coffee is now one ounce, not ten ounces," the coffee guy says.

"But I want a normal cup of coffee, not this tiny one!"

"Okay, no problem." The coffee guy takes my 90 cents, and comes back with nine more one ounce cups of coffee.

"I don't want ten one-ounce cups; I want one cup with ten ounces."

"We changed over to this type of coffee cup. We can't sell you coffee the old way," the coffee guy said.

"Why would you do that?"

"Well, we found that new coffee drinkers would not always have a dollar for a cup of coffee," the coffee guy said.

"So did me, when I started out. I just saved up my money until I could buy one."

"This way, new coffee drinkers don't have to do that. They can just buy a small cup whenever they want. We think it's better this way."

"I don't," I said. "I don't want to carry around ten tiny cups."

"Well, we have this." The coffee guy hands me a cardboard container that I can put the ten tiny cups in.

"This is annoying," I said. "I don't like it at all."

"Well," the coffee guy said, "you can always buy your coffee somewhere else."

No comments: