Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Walking

I enjoy walking; it gives me time to think about things that are on my mind. It's to fun to see what you can find, while on a walk. There are many songs about walking.

Here are three of my favorites. In these three songs, the person is thinking about a loved one.

For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her - Simon and Garfunkel

In this song, the person is asleep, and walking at night. He finds his lover, who runs to him. The dream ends, but he wakes up close to her.



Kentucky Rain - Elvis Presley 

In this song, his lover has left him. He is walking from town to town, searching for her, to find the reason that she left. I wonder if he ever found her, or gave up his search. Maybe he is still out there somewhere, walking in the rain, searching.



Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton 

He is away from his lover, walking on a rainy night. Where is she? Why is he apart from her?



If you decide to go for a walk, I hope you have fun. And if you are searching for something, I hope you find it.

No comments: