Saturday, February 09, 2008

Haunting Music

Not spooky music, mind you, just songs that have a haunting kind of mood. The kind of music you would listen to on a quiet night.

Nights in White Satin – The Moody Blues

The poem at the end is the haunting part. As night falls, darkness comes.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day's useless energy spent.

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.

Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colors from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion?


From: RogueDementor



For Emily Whenever I May Find Her – Simon & Garfunkel

Who was Emily? The title itself lends itself to your imagination. Was she a real person? Did they find her? And the walking the streets at night. So dark, so quiet, so peaceful.

I wandered empty streets
Down past the shop displays.
I heard cathedral bells
Tripping down the alley ways,
As I walked on.

And when you ran to me
Your cheeks flushed with the night.
We walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight,
I held your hand.

From: LifeJourneyGuy



Sunrise – The Who

A peaceful, quiet Who song.

You take away the breath I was keeping for sunrise
You appear and the morning looks drab in my eyes
And then again I'll turn down love
Having seen you again
Once more you'll disappear
My morning put to shame

From: MrModDog

This is me playing my version of "Sunrise" by the Who, which was played solo by Pete Townshend on "The Who Sell Out" album. The audio is recorded seperately and synced with the video afterwards (added reverb makes it looked mimed but it is all live). Not perfect, but I've only just worked this out and even Pete screwed it up when he played it a while back on the live "In The Attic" webcast.



Guardian Angel – Terry Oldfield

The video for this song has a haunting quality to it. It goes well with the song.

I see you through the night
And I hear you when you cry
But I know I can't be your guardian angel

No comments: