Thursday, July 03, 2008

Predictions

It’s hard to predict the future. Future Shock tried to predict the future in the seventies, but watching it now, it seems silly, and not very useful for predicting anything.

These two movies came out in 2006, and they seem to be coming true already.

A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash

www.oilcrashmovie.com

Gas prices are up, and will only go higher. It seems to me that we are running out of gas.



An Inconvenient Truth

www.climatecrisis.net

A couple of years ago, people did not think we were having a climate change. Now, that is all people are talking about.



Is it the end of the world as we know it? I doubt it. Do you want the world to end? I know I don’t. I don’t know how we will fix all of the problems in the world, but I do think that people are working on it.

How will it end? I don’t know. I’m not good at predictions either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I think the two issues could be predicted. I mean with the mass amounts of oil being used by truckers and airplanes alone should be a concern. It reminds me of a song by I believe it was Nortorious B.I.G that talked about the world trade centers being blown up ... now that was extremely creepy since the song came out in like the 1990's.

chaosgone said...

Speaking of the World Trade Centers, the 1983 Def Leppard album cover for Pyromania reminds me of that day. Creepy, since the album came 18 years before 9/11.