Friday, June 20, 2008

Gulliver of Mars



I am currently re-reading Gulliver of Mars by Edwin L. Arnold. This Science Fiction book was written in 1905. I have read this book a few times before. The edition I have was published in 1964. If you liked Edgar Rice Burroughs's Mars books, you will probably like this book. It is along a simular vain: Mars is inhabited, and the main character travels to Mars and has wonderful adventures there.

I like reading old Science Fiction books about Mars and the other planets. We know that there are not aliens on the other planets in our solar system, but it would be cool if there were. After all, I’m reading the book for fun, not to learn something.

If you want to read the book, you can read it online at: www.thenostalgialeague.com (pdf) and also at www.historyofideas.org (html).

No comments: