I saw the Death Race movie the other day.
Will you like the movie?
- Did you see the original movie, Death Race 2000?
- Did you like the main character, David Carradine, in Death Race 2000?
- Did you like Tyrese Gibson's character in 2 Fast 2 Furious?
- Did you like Joan Allen’s character in The Borne Supremacy?
- Did you like Jason Statham in the Transporter movies?
- Do you like movies of car races, and gun battles?
Then you will like this movie. It has all of that in it. And explosions, too.
The plot is basic. In the future, they have a death race in a prison. If you survive, and win, five races, you win your freedom. The race is televised in the Internet for profit, so as you can guess, people die in the race off of the time.
Hence, they need a new Frankenstein when the old one (voiced by David Carradine) is killed in a race at the beginning of the film. So they set up as Jensen Ames (Jason Statham), a down on his luck former race car driver, for murder, and get him transferred to the prison. He is told to race as the Frankenstein if he ever wants to see his little girl again.
It’s not a very serious movie, but neither was the original movie, Death Race 2000. It’s a fun movie to watch.